Trent©

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:44:04 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

Leuf wrote:
serious snippage:
The thing is she doesn't seem to have any idea what she wants.
All I've gotten is "she loves work made by
New England artisans."
It's also more difficult because she is on the other side of the
country and our primary communication is by email.
I suggested to her to have a look online to try to
find something she likes, and suggested one site that I had looked at
when I made the first one. That was over a week ago and she hasn't
gotten back to me yet.
maybe I should be
doing it the opposite way?

This is a no-win situation. If she doesn't know what she wants
and can't be bothered to look around and show you, she can't be
pleased. What you should "do the opposite way" is run. This is
exactly why I don't do turning for people. I let them choose if
they happen to be looking at a bunch of my stuff or I just give
them one. You CAN'T please a person who doesn't know what they
want.

Dave in Fairfax

But this would be a great opportunity for HIM to learn how to deal
with these kinds of people.

I don't think he should pass up the opportunity.

Have a nice one...

Trent