David Hearn

Default Argos Challenge SDS Drill

Tournifreak wrote:
Does anyone else have experience of the Challenge SDS Drill and
whether there's any way of stopping the bit rotating under vibration
when its in hammer only mode?

I have the Argos one and I can definately turn rotation off. There's a
big knob near the chuck mechanism that you have to rotate.

Yeah, I found that turns powered rotation off (ie. for non-drilling work) -
but it didn't lock it so you couldn't rotate it yourself (or by vibration).
In my case the chisel might be facing North/South when I start, but after a
few seconds its rotated itself 90 degrees slowly to East/West.

I did notice though that the switch/knob at the back of it wouldn't go right
to the hammer part - it looked as if it needed to move another couple of
degrees - but no matter what forcing I did - I couldn't get it to go that
final part. I assumed it was just a feature of the knob. I will check
though whether the chuck needs to be at a certain angle before it can lock -
but I doubt it.

I agree the lack of trigger lock is a PITA. Still, can't complain for
£30.

Nope - did what I needed it to do.

David