David

Number 6 was close. Amend it to read, "Ask SWMBO for a band saw".
You'll be happier, so she'll be happier.

David

Daniel Grieves wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good way to make a stopped cut
on a table saw (say for example to cut an L-shaped piece). The best I can
figure is:

1) raise the saw-blade as high as possible
2) make some test cuts to see where the saw blade will be on top when it
reaches the stop point on the bottom
3) mark a line on the top to stop cutting at the stop point on the bottom.
4) cut
5) clean out the end of the cut with a hand-saw
6) ask Santa for a bandsaw

Can anyone suggest ideas for making the cut easier or more accurate?

Thanks,
Dan