John A. Weeks III

In article , D. Gerasimatos
wrote:

In article ,
Santa wrote:

We wanted to build custom home, I approached a realtor, she says, buy
a old home and dismantle it and construct a new home. This way I can
get it cheaper. The old home costs around $400K, plus the builder cost
for constructing a 4-bed room is around $100K, plus around $30K for
town planning. Does it makes sense?. Thanks in advance.

You really think you can have a house built for $100K?! Send your builder
my way!

If you are thinking of just the house, no land, no utilities, etc,
$100K can build you a small mansion. I see factory-built ranch
homes available at dealers in this area for $39,000, and they meet
the stage 2 energy code here in Minnesota. If you want a stick-built
home package with land, utilities, driveway, etc all ready to move
in, you can find those in the midwest for $100K to $150K, the lower
price for a 2-bedroom 900 sq foot house, and the upper side for a
4 bedroom, 2200 sq foot, with deck and fireplace.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com