On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:44:33 GMT, someone wrote:

Don't be silly. All the facts needed are right there.

Technically, no they are not. The price of a lot in that neighborhood
isn't posted. If a lot costs much more than $400k than he is ahead.

Now maybe there are no empty lots, so the only way to get that
location is to buy existing & demolish. And as OP states he wants a
"custom" home, strictly speaking the price of existing homes isn't
determinative as he doesn't want one of them. However, I too am
awfully skeptical as to why one would pay $400k plus the price of
demolition, to get a site for only a $100k house.

Buy & demol does exist - but usually to acquire sites for much higher
priced replacement homes. This thing about what the Realtor
supposedly said, doesn't make too much sense to me - cheaper than
WHAT??? Maybe OP made a mistake somewhere, either in what he posted,
or what he understood he was being told.

-v.