Doug Miller

In article , "John A. Weeks III" wrote:
In article , Santa
wrote:

We wanted to build custom home, I approached a realtor, she says, buy
a old home and dismantle it and construct a new home. This way I can
get it cheaper. The old home costs around $400K, plus the builder cost
for constructing a 4-bed room is around $100K, plus around $30K for
town planning. Does it makes sense?. Thanks in advance.

You're asking if it makes sense to pay $530K for a $100K house.

You tell me. Does it?

You need to do the math. In this option, you are spending about
$530,000 for a 4 bedroom house. How much will this house sell for
when it is done? If that number is less than $530K, then it
doesn't make sense.

*Obviously* that number will be *much* less than $530K -- if the home that the
builder would build is worth more than that, the builder surely isn't going to
charge only $100K for it.

What is the cost of building this 4 bedroom
house somewhere else? What is the cost of buying an existing
4 bedroom house that meets your needs? It is hard to answer
your question without these basic facts. Please go do some
research and post back again.

Don't be silly. All the facts needed are right there.