adder

Default Help me with my dishwasher (real diy!)

"Gavin Gillespie" wrote in message
Contact Indesit/Merloni directly, and ask for an impeller seal for
that model. If it is the same as earlier models, the impeller is
usually a left handed thread fixing, and the seal just pushes onto the
impeller shaft, the seal then compresses when tightened against the
plastic ring on the motor.

Yes, well called at 5:05pm to be met with a recorded message saying
that the opening hours are 9:30 - 5:30 and the office is now
closed....

The seal does work how you say but the impeller housing is a sealed
unit. I had to take a saw to it to get to the seal so I expect that
one can only buy the complete unit, especially as the mounting frame
for the housing is rivetted to the motor (i.e I doubt the motor is
available seperately either, at least not for this model although I'm
sure the same motor is used elsewhere).

If I can get a seal for an earlier model that would fit that would be
fine but I'd have to know which were the earlier models!

I'll call them again (merloni's "spares direct") tomorrow but this
time allowing for their telephonists slackness.