Chet Hayes

Matt wrote in message ...
Hi,
Recently I tore up the kitchen floor (vinyl) due to the fact that some
of the underlayment was buckeling by the sink (Seems the previous owner
had a water issue and didn't tear it up). So I sprayed the plywood
underneath with a bleach water solution and let it set for a day or so,
and it seems ok now (going to re-tile soon).

As we were tearing the rest of the kitchen floor up I discovered that
there seems to be some mildew that's been under various sections of the
plywood floor.

Now, probably the best thing to do would be replace the plywood, but I
don't really have the time, energy, or money to get that in depth.

What are people's thoughts on scraping the mildew off, spraying down the
floor with a bleach solution and letting it sit for a few days to kill/dry?

~ Matt

A better question would be how spraying buckled plywood with bleach
will result in a sound underlayment for a new floor. If it's just
mildew, not rotted, and otherwise sound, then cleaning it with bleach
should be fine.