good ol' Bob

Assuming you figure out how to stop the innards from running continuously,
get that shutoff valve under the tank fixed ASAP. It is not unheard of for
the connecting plumbing between that valve and the bottom of the tank to
fail. If that were to occur, you would be up that oft referred to creek
without a paddle. It would also ease future fixit jobs within the tank.
Come to think of it, fix that valve as part of the current problem solving
you are engaged in.

"Chemqueries" wrote in message
Hi. My toilet water (in the tank at the back of the toilet) is running
non-stop. I tried shutting off the valve underneath the toilet, but it

wouldn't
budge in either direction. I removed the lid off the tank, and rather than

the
usual ball-type float, there is a device called a "Fluidmaster." Do you

have
any suggestions just so I can stop the water from running continuously all
night? Thanks for your help!