Chris Perdue

(Jeffrey J. Kosowsky)

This sense of contractor entitlement is ridiculous. People
like Turtle object even if I get a discount on a job that I plan on
doing myself anyway where the discount I get doesn't take away any of
his profit!

you surely misunderstand what TURTLE is saying....the statement about
contractors leaving their supplier because they start giving John Q. Public the
same pricing has nothing to do with you saving a buck on a project that you
want to do yourself...it has *everything* to do with you wanting to supply your
own materials for a contractor, then he in turn has to raise the "labor" rate
to cover the operating expenses that are normally covered by "material markup",
and you screaming "thats not fair, George J plumber down the street only
charges xxx for labor"(even if George P had given you a quote for a turnkey
job, not a labor only job)....