Speedy Jim

Chemqueries wrote:
From: mcp6453

I would agree that there is a lot of fiction, but I would disagree withyour

attitude that it is nothing to be considered. There is a certaintype of black
mold that causes permanent genetic damage in some people.It is probably rare,
but it does exist

I've read about this black mold also. I forgot the name of it, but it is a
black mold that grows on wood and wood panelling, and is often seen in damp
basements. The types of molds that grow in bathroom showers are unpleasant, and
you wouldn't want to go out of your way to breathe in the spores, but they
aren't nearly as dangerous as the black molds described above.

Some informative links that deal with Black Mold and other, more common,
mold/fungus hazards. Black Mold is a particular threat to infant
lungs; adults are only rarely severely affected. But for anyone with
existing pulmonary disorders, almost any mold growth is a potential
threat.

There is a *huge* amount of good info on the 'Net. Use GOOGLE to
search for : mold + health or similar searches.
A lot of sites are selling *something*, so a little care is needed.

http://www.toxic-black-mold-info.com/moldsigns.htm
http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/000070.htm
http://www.aspergillus.man.ac.uk/pat...ex/index.shtml
http://www.inspect-ny.com/sickhouse/mold.htm