Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
I don't think you need ducts, just holes in the floor.

Nick

Correct, it works well and I've seen a few homes like that. I also
understand it is now against fire codes to have an opening above a stove.
Makes sense if the stove would start blazing.

You can get good air flow up and down a stairwell. In my case, I had a 10"
fan hanging in the doorway of the family room where the wood stove was. It
was aimed at the stairwell and moved a fair amount of air. While not as
good as the holes in the floor, it did work. Just one vent at the far end
of the house would help the cool air drop.