TURTLE

"Mike Bittel" wrote in message
Yes I had similar experience with HMS over the summer regarding my A/C.
Their first contractor told me I had an undersized unit, a pre-existing
condition that is clearly not covered. I argued with HMS tooth & nail &
they finally agreed to send a different contractor for a second opinion.
Second contractor found that the compressor failed within 5 minutes of
arriving at my house. They tried to stick me with an offbrand unit so I
instead requested a "Net Claim Credit". I got a check from HMS a week later
for $750. It cost me ~ $1200 out of pocket to have a 3-ton 10 seer unit
installed by my certified Lennox guy. I would never suggest to anyone that
the $375 HMS warranty is a good idea unless the seller is paying for it at
the closing table. Just makes me wonder if the other home warranty
companies act the same way about paying claims...

This is Turtle.

I know of None that does right when you have trouble. They all do right till
that time. Now there could be some out there some where that would do right but
I haven't seen one yet.

TURTLE