Tim Douglass

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:48:24 GMT, "toller" wrote:

"Elmar" wrote in message
. com...

Why is there no ground? I know when I did the same work in FL I was
required to put in two ground rods.

There should be a cable going from the ground bus to your ground rods/water
pipe. Look carefully. If it is not there, you have a problem; but it seems
unlikely.

If your ground goes to a water pipe check it out a bit. In my previous
house I was doing some other remodeling when I discovered that the
water line coming into the house had at some point been re-done in
plastic. I had a ground to the galvanized pipe in the house, but
effectively no real ground since what actually went into the ground
was non-conductive. I drove an 8' rod and properly grounded things -
it was amazing, both my phone system and my computer worked better
after that.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com