Set Square

Default Feeble woman about central heating

Velvet wrote:

Set Square wrote:

Also, each radiator will hopefully have a lockshield valve at the
opposite end to the TRV. As a short term measure, you could
partially close the lockshield (it will require a small spanner or
pair of pliers to turn the shaft) to restrict the flow through the
radiator which is currently too hot.

But count how many turns (write them down as you do it if you have a
memory like mine, too) you close it off by. That way you will be able
to open it by the same number once you have the TRV sorted, and
restore the radiator to proper working, without the need to try to
rebalance the whole system.

Of course, I could be talking total nonsense here, and it might be
that TRV systems have their lockshields fully open.
Velvet

You are perfectly right in principle - to count turns when shutting
lockshields, even if TRVs are fitted.

I didn't mention this because I assumed - rightly or wrongly - that the
system had never been balanced, and that this was one of the reasons why
this particular radiator was red hot.
--
Cheers,
Set Square