James T. Kirby

Dave in Fairfax wrote:
"James T. Kirby" wrote:

um hmm, whatever

Normally I stay away from the political BS but I got a letter from
PL this morning. In it he had a link that you might want to read,
I won't quote it, here's the URL if you're interested.
http://www.supertool.com/forsale/kerry.html

Dave in Fairfax

cute kid.

I missed Vietnam (thankfully just a little too young - had a high lottery
number in the
last year of winding down), but knew a number of people in college who had
come back,
many with their decorations (not at Kerry's level)
for doing a job conscientiously and with great selflessness, many with horror
over what
they had seen and experienced, and to a large extent, an overlap between the
two. I can't
say that I knew anyone who didn't basically feel the way Kerry felt, both in
terms of
pride of their service and how they felt they had conducted themselves, and
revulsion at the
war itself. That's as close as I can get to any direct knowledge of the situation.

Angry times, and a lot of angry words said both ways. I think people who
returned from the war
with anger over its futility and lack of reason for being conducted were right
in attacking it's
existence, even if they went too far in attacking its participants (we all made
that mistake, and I think
have to be careful not to make it again). It was important to end our
involvement.

JK