Al Reid

"Mike" wrote in message ...
Well for one i'm trying to plane with the grain but it's pretty gnarly
grain. ive been taking off between a 1/32" and 1/16" at a time ill try
taking less and seeing if that helps. i havent tried wiping with a
damp rag but ill try that next, anything to save this beautiful piece
of wood. I'm using a 12" delta planer, nothing fancy but it works for
my needs so far anyway. thanks for your help and any additional help
will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

I assume that the knives are sharp? When I started having some tearout problems on my DW735, I flipped the blades and problem gone.

--
Al Reid

A government big enough to give you everything you want...
is big enough to take away everything you have."