On 1 Nov 2004 06:32:03 -0800, someone wrote:

I informed my agent this morning that I now consider the buyers
agreement binding and they have accepted my inspection response by not
answering. The 3 days is up and I expect the deal to close in 2
weeks, as per agreement.
cut
Is this accurate? - can I compel them to purchase?

Fat chance of that. Maybe you'll get the thousand. Do you want to
sell them the house or not? You say there is not a problem, they say
there is. OF COURSE they need a contractor to come take a look at it,
to see if there really is a problem and how much it would cost to fix
it.

And you can continue to state that there is no problem that you will
fix, so the deal is off. Happens all the time. Find someone else to
buy your vacant house.

But you really do need to be asking your lawyer, in that state where
the house is, about this. Not us.

BTW, sounds to me like they never "accepted" your response. If they
had, why would they still be getting contractors in to look at what
they still think are problems? Sounds like they were DIS-satisfied,
found your response UN-acceptable, and that they certainly did tell
you.

-v.