Doug Miller

In article , (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:
DamnYankee wrote in message

Don't you find that contrary to your constitutional right to
defend yourself?

Not to be too persnickety but I don't think you'll find a guarantee of
the righ tto self defense in the Constitution. The second Amendment
does not refer to personal self-defense.

At least one *state* Constitution *does* (Indiana): "The people shall have the
right to keep and bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
Consequently, our ownership and concealed-carry laws are pretty permissive,
and many of our prosecutors and judges are fairly tough on those who abuse
that right -- which is IMHO exactly as it should be, in both respects.

--
Regards,