Dave in Fairfax

Ba r r y wrote:
Dimit94844 wrote:
I have 3 boards that are 1x4 maple to edge glue together into one table top
board. Does each board get hand planed flat first or do I hand plane the boards
after the the completed glue-up is done?

Next, clamp the first two boards in a vise, with the back of #1
against the back of #2. Plane the edges straight, and as square as
you can. You are planing BOTH edges at once. Next, clamp #2 and #3
in the vise, with the back of #2 against the back of #3. Plane both
edges straight and square. Planing the boards together, back to
back, will allow any departures from 90 degrees to cancel when the
boards are assembled.

Having a shooting board will help with the process. DAGS on
shooting board.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader