BigWallop

"DB" wrote in message
I currently have a gas combi boiler wall mounted

snipped

Thanks for your reply - perhaps I was not too clear in the original post.

The boiler is already installed wall mounted in an airing cupboard in the
bathroom. The boiler and airing cupboard door are both about 120cm above
floor level. All plumbing from the boiler is inside the cupboard, there is
no way pipes from the boiler could come into contact with the bath as

there
is the wall in between. All pipework inside the airing cupboard is clearly
earth bonded.

The visible electrics inside the airing cupboard to the boiler are as
follows: two mains type leads and an earth enter a wall mounted control

box
adjacent to the boiler, from this two smaller leads connect to the boiler.
This is all very well sealed, and although not in trunking this could

easily
be added.

The potential problem is that with the door to the cupboard open the
horizontal distance from the edge of the bath to the boiler is about 40cm
and so it could be touched by someone standing (not sitting), which is why

wondered is putting a lock on the door makes the boiler, in effect, in a
separate room.

Thanks again for any help, David

Ah Ha !!! I see, said the blind man. So it would be only the door of the
airing cupboard that would swing open above the bath? If it is, then the
door would need to be lined with heat resistant material on the inside, and
should not be open louver. Something like 18mm plywood with heat resistant
lining would do the trick.

A proper screw-down lock and not just a latch would need to be fitted, along
with good venting from another room adjacent to the airing cupboard so no
fogging from steam can build up around the boiler and the electrics.

It would be best to get advice from the CORGI advisory people on this to
keep yourself safe and not sorry.

Good luck with it.