firstjois

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Leuf" wrote in message

All I've gotten is "she loves work made by
New England artisans." Right, could you vague that up for me a
little?

Then send her a jug of maple syrup and be done with it.

New England tends to be the so called "early American" or "colonial"
styles. Simple lines like Shaker stuff, but I don't know that
Shakers had lots of jewelry. I'd check out the magazines and send a
photo to get some sort of approval before cutting wood. Or at least
make something you'd like for yourself.

I'd stick to having the client bring pictures to me. What if you send her
a photo and she simply asks for more photos? Or send her titles and
authors of 3-5 books with photos of jewelry boxes or Shaker furniture. (See
what's on hand at the library or local book store first.) You might miss
out on this paying client but you won't have wasted all this pre-Christmas
time. In a way suggesting those books implies that you can make most of
what's shown and you might end up making more than a jewelry box.

Josie