Eric Anderson

I opened up the box enough to find that it does have a plug on about a 10 ft
cord. The plug is a 15 amp plug (thanks Roy Smith for the URL to describe
them). I went to Home Depot to get a sub-panel, breakers and wiring I will
need. I will have a 20 amp breaker in the sub-panel coming from a 50 amp
breaker in the main panel.

Hey, I looked at the blade that came on the Unisaw. Couldn't believe it.
It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I
think I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw rather than to put on
a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30 years ago.

"Greg O" wrote in message

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
My wife and kids have bought me a unisaw for my momentous birthday. I

just
realized that this will be the first landmark birthday of mine for which

have no hope of living to twice my age.

Anyway, I will have to wire my shop for 220. The first time in 34+

years
that I have been forced to put 220 into my shop. My brother is a power
engineer, so I will enlist him for the details to the breaker panel, but
what type of plug should I use (if you can point me to photos, I would

like
to see them) and, while I am at it, what do you all recommend for the

size
of the breaker? I would like to get started before I am allowed to open

the
package.

The HP ratings of the motor will dictate the plug and recepticle, wire and
curcuit breaker to use. Greg