TURTLE

"Hiya" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:29:12 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

This is Turtle.

It would be hard to try to decide between a Carrier and a Lennox as to using
the
equipment quality as a deciding tool. Your guess is good as mine here.

Now what you should be looking at here is what kind of installer is the two
dealer that are bidding on the equipment. Is the carrier or the lennox dealer
the better installer. A good installer is hard to find in this world of who
will
do it for the least they can get by with. You need to do some research and
fine
out about some of the job the two dealers has done and see who really installs
it correctly and not have any trouble afterwards. Get you 3 or 4 referrences
from the two and call them up and talk about their equipment and about it
running good afterwards.

Lennox guy is a local boy who has done work for me before. Everyone
will tell you his shop is good but expensive. Fact is he gave a
better price than most from the small city 15 miles away.

Don't know the other guy but if I go Carrier I will check a couple of
his installations.

Now one thing here have a scroll compressor on your unit for sure.

Well, that may decide the issue. Lennox uses scroll but Carrier does
not. Carrier claims a SEER as good as Lennox (maybe better) but many
say Carrier is not as quiet.

This is Turtle.

Get you a scroll in there and if noise is a issue. Get you a sound blanket for
about $35.00 and put on the scroll compressor.

I didn't stutter here. Get you a scroll compressor on your stuff.

Now watch out here and get the installer that you know that has done good work
for you in the past and don't try out somebody new on the block. Go with the
installer that you know about and not one you WANT to know about.

TURTLE

Thanks Turtle.

Your Elkcome

TURTLE