SuperSpaz

Making zero clearance inserts is great, if it's feasible for a particular
machine. My Craftsman bench tablesaw (that is collecting dust) was a
nightmare, making the insert took forever, routing out relief areas for
bosses etc.

My 60's era Craftsman Tablesaw is quite nice for making zero clearance
inserts, it's just an oval ~3/16" thick.

"Robert Galloway" wrote in message

You'll need to get the dado insert to replace the standard one. It's

the
removable plate that fits down over the the blade on top, usually

secured
with a screw from the top. One of the nice things about Craftsman is

that
they back their equipment with all the parts you'll ever need. Just

locate
a Sears parts center near you and give them the model number of the

table
saw. They should be able to find the add-on part number to order if you
describe it to them.

I've never "got" an insert for my table saw. I make zero clearance
inserts for every device. I'd suggest that this is a quick, simple
policy that you consider. A piece of wood that fits the cutout in your
table saw top. ready to go for whatever you buy. I have the dado set,
regular saw blade and moulder head. Who knows what I'll find next.
Make an insert for whatever you buy. Its a trivial exercise to make a
zero clearance insert..

bob g.

Its possible that the model you have doesn't have the right size arbor

and
so will not have a dado/molding insert available.

I use a stacked dado head (Delta brand) on my craftsman with a 1hp

motor.
Works great, but the only problem I've seen is that the arbor is not

quite
long enough to accommodate the full stack of blades (safely), so I'm

limited
to about a 5/8" - 3/4" wide dado.