mark

This just about covers everything that *could* possibly be wrong, so it
really doesn't narrow things down for the OP. If there's orange peel then
the only reason for that is a first coat that is too dry followed by
wetter
coats that the sprayer attempts to flow on. That's what creates the
orange
peel - subsequent coats bridge the spotty coverage of a dry coat and
create
the humps we call orange peel. You can't fill enough with additional
coats
and it will always look worse after it dries than it does when it's wet.

Thanks for that mike. I printed it out, and will get to the bottom of it by
trying some of the tests you recommended. It seems like you are right -- it
went on too dry at first, and then didn't flow out correctly. It's a panel
door that I'm spraying, so it has a lot of nooks and crannies that are hard
to get evenly.