patriarch

(BUB 209) wrote in
:

Don't get excited, that's just what's on the little sticker, along
with a logo, in every box of GRK plastic decking screws. They're
really nice trimhead screws with a torx-type drive. I've used about
400 of them and have yet to have to replace a bit. Anyone who has
ever used #1 Phillips type trimhead screws knows that it can take
several bits to get one screw home. I've been using them to install
T-111 siding. The only problem is that when the top material is
thicker than 1/2" or very hard, like oak, they don't work so well.
There is a reverse thread at the top of the shank, I guess for holding
power, that prevents the materials from being drawn together. Does
any- one know of this type of screw that comes with a bare shank at
the top?

Do you have a McFeeley's catalog yet?