Ron

ThankX All,

"sam" wrote in message

I just bought a used Freud 8" 'safety dado' set (still in the mail) and

was
wondering
if there is anything I'll need to do to use it on my crapsman 10" table

saw.

I realize the saw is underpowered, that's why I normally use a thin-kerf
blade.
I'd make several passes if needed, raising the blade each time.

However, will this blade even fit on the arbor. I've heard of such

problems
with other
dado blade/ saw combinations. The saw did come with an insert for dado
blades, just
hope I can use it.

You'll need to get the dado insert to replace the standard one. It's the
removable plate that fits down over the the blade on top, usually secured
with a screw from the top. One of the nice things about Craftsman is that
they back their equipment with all the parts you'll ever need. Just

locate
a Sears parts center near you and give them the model number of the table
saw. They should be able to find the add-on part number to order if you
describe it to them.

I do have the dado insert, not a problem there.

Its possible that the model you have doesn't have the right size arbor and
so will not have a dado/molding insert available.

I use a stacked dado head (Delta brand) on my craftsman with a 1hp motor.
Works great, but the only problem I've seen is that the arbor is not quite
long enough to accommodate the full stack of blades (safely), so I'm

limited
to about a 5/8" - 3/4" wide dado.

3/4" should suffice for most cases for me.

My biggest concern is it just fitting on the arbor.