Mark Jerde

Silvan wrote:
Swinton's First Lessons in Our Country's History-Revised Edition,
William Swinton, Copyright (c) 1900 R. W. E. Swinton

(From my great grandfather's collection.)

I have similar books. ;-)

Now you're making me wonder what writings have so enthralled you. I
just spew this stuff out off the top of my head, you know.

Yeah, you have the gift. When I close my eyes I can almost picture your
shop clearer than mine. ;-)

I have written a lot of dry technical manuals and the like. ("From the File
menu, select ...") I have a fantasy of writing a programming "bestseller"
snicker. I even had one serious tryout with a publisher. But nothing
came of it. If I spend 3 hours on a page, it can eventually become
publishable. But 3 hours per page on 500 pages is way too much time for the
$.

I enjoy reading Charlie Self's posts just because he packs so much
information in so few words. There's a reason publishers want him to write
for them. O'Deen is also fun. After reading one of his typical posts I'm
ready to move to CA and take up surfing. Your posts tend to take me into
your world and look at things through your eyes. I bought a used lathe, and
I'm planning to make a bunch of stupid candleholders. g Wish me luck!

-- Mark