BUB 209

Default "Screw it!"

Don't get excited, that's just what's on the little sticker, along with a logo,
in every box of GRK plastic decking screws. They're really nice trimhead
screws with a torx-type drive. I've used about 400 of them and have yet
to have to replace a bit. Anyone who has ever used #1 Phillips type
trimhead screws knows that it can take several bits to get one screw home.
I've been using them to install T-111 siding. The only problem is that when
the top material is thicker than 1/2" or very hard, like oak, they don't work
so well. There is a reverse thread at the top of the shank, I guess for
holding
power, that prevents the materials from being drawn together. Does any-
one know of this type of screw that comes with a bare shank at the top?