Stormin Mormon

If the wires are in the "stab in" holes in the back, that's likely to give
you all kinds of problems.

Like the other fellow said, follow it back. Also if it's getting power on
the meter but not working, trace the wire from the breaker up to where it
goes into the romex, and then trace back the white (neutral) wire. Make sure
that's tight in the neutral bar.

I had a case the one time that was driving me crazy. Outlet reads fine on
the testers, but would not run appliance. Finally the gal said she saw it
sparking "up there" and I tightened all the neutrals. Problem solved.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ChrisGW" wrote in message
A neighbor came over today and said she tripped the circuit and when she
re-set
it, the outlet did not work. I went over and checked the breaker on the
meter
and it tested good, but the outlet did not work. I pulled the outlet and it
appeared good, I put the meter on the wires and nothing. I then replaced the
breaker figuring that may be it and nothing. There are six outlets on this
breaker and the one I pulled I believe is the first one in the line.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help

Chris