Terry

"toller" wrote in message
saying, in part
"Around here grounds have to be crimped together; but any connection is
better than none."

Crimping sounds like a very good practice.
Here I see the bare ground wires twisted together and then one or two of
them secured under the ground screw of the metal box.
Sometimes a ground wire is pigtailed up to the device housed in the box; in
other cases they seem to depend on the two screws which secure the duplex
outlet, or whatever it is, to the metal box and which to some extent control
it's 'depth' so as to be covered correctly by the flush plate.
I presume properly pigtailed AND crimped would be best practice?