G&M

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
Hi all

I have searched the group via google for info on logt insulation - but
can't really find an answer that fits my question.... so here goes.

Got an old house. Almost zero insulation in the loft. Planning a
loft conversion in a couple of years when the barn conversion is
complete (another story).

Anyway, just measured the rafters in the loft and the dims a

2.5" wide
3" tall
Space between rafters averages at approx 15.5" (some 14, some 16)

I need to put some insulation up there - but don't want to waste money
by putting something down only to find it unsuitable when we come to
convert.

Why not insulate the rof and then it will be ready when you install a new
floor for the conversion. Kingspan/Celotex is the right route - you can cut
to any shape with a saw.

But if you leave the conversion too late the new Part L will kick in and
you'll need even more insulation to meet it (and it may even be impossible).