Andy Dingley

On 31 Oct 2004 10:11:55 -0800, (xavier) wrote:

In the meantime, does anyone know of
anything in a tube - you know, the kind you can squeeze at one end and
out pops the magic potion at the other?

Loctite 350 or 358

Any decent industrial glueshop will know of it, or there's always RS
Mine was £25 for a 50ml tube (lifetime's supply)

Needs _Summer_ sunshine to cure it, or a short-wavelength UV tube.
EPROM erasers probably show up on eBay, or I hope there's still the
old advert in the back of E&WW for the tubes and ballasts (Electronics
and Wireless World - you can get it in Smiths).

Keep it away from air - use a _tiny_ amount and let capillary action
pull it between the glass. If it's exposed to air you have to really
nuke the stuff to get it to cure.

Loctite also do "Glass Bond", which is similar. It's different though
in that it's a 3ml tube for a couple of quid, and you'll use a few of
them making furniture. It's also optimised for a long-wavelength
sunshine cure, or I think it works under sunray lamps too.

The other one (probably Loctite again, although there are several) is
the car-shop rear mirror glue. This has a bit more "give" to it
(Loctite's ordinary Glass Bond will make your mirror fall off on a hot
day)

--
Smert' spamionam