Rick Dipper

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:17:50 +0000, Simon Hawthorne
wrote:

Hi all

I have searched the group via google for info on logt insulation - but
can't really find an answer that fits my question.... so here goes.

Got an old house. Almost zero insulation in the loft. Planning a
loft conversion in a couple of years when the barn conversion is
complete (another story).

Anyway, just measured the rafters in the loft and the dims a

2.5" wide
3" tall
Space between rafters averages at approx 15.5" (some 14, some 16)

I need to put some insulation up there - but don't want to waste money
by putting something down only to find it unsuitable when we come to
convert.

What should I use? Kingspan/celotex? Can I cut it to fit the varying
widths I'd need? If this is the best solution, how do you fit it?

Can I also ask about the loft conversion - woudl the rafters as they
are support another couple of rooms - or would the whole rafter thing
need upgrading (by an expert!)

Thanks in advance

Simon

I would worry about standing up there on those rafters.

Will you save enough to justify the cost over 2 years ?

Rick