Andy Dingley

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:09:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Go for a British S10 ...

Aye, very comfortable and well balanced. You can even get prescription
lenses, though I'm not sure how easy that would be for a civy.

Dead easy - just ask Avon. They're not much use though - they only
work well on one axis, because they're so far from the eye. For
general use (as opposed to marksmanship) you're better off using a
pince-nez insert on the inside. I can use my Bolle one (normally on
my cycling glasses) perfectly well.

If you really need to wear your own spectacles though, find either an
S6 mask or an American one. They have more "frame space" and the S6
has a better edge seal that's workable with thin frames (except for
nerve agents).

BTW - if you ever see a set of "fly eye" dark lens covers for an S10,
or the nomex fire hood, then snap it up. eBay collectors go insane for
these, because of the "SAS" association.
--
Smert' spamionam