Set Square

nick smith wrote:

I had exactly this problem on a Glow worm 50,000 BTU 4 days ago - the
Band Q universal thermocouple did the trick (original part was £15
locally !!) but I also noticed that the pilot flame was unstable and
found a load of corrosion had broken away from the burner frame and
fallen down the burner tube, partially blocking the pilot jet -
cleaning this out also made the flame fairly stable and adjusting the
flame splitter so it engulfed the thermocouple tip must have helped
too.

Nick

Geting rid of the crud would probably have worked without changing the
thermocouple.
--
Cheers,
Set Square