mikeyw

Default Bathroom tiling - can I put new tiles over old ?

I've just started preparing my bathroom for a complete re-fit and
found on the main wall next to the bath the old tiles have been glued
straight onto plasterboard. Removing them is proving near impossible
with huge holes appearing in the plasterboard as I slowing get part of
the tile removed. At this rate it will take days to get them all off
and leave me with a wall needing re-plasterboarding.

Is there any way I can just skim over the existing tiles then fix the
new tiles on this surface ? In theory I presume this is possible - my
only concern would be a build up of moisture between the old tiles and
the new ?

What do people think ?

TIA,
Mike.