TWS

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:24:24 -0600, "Jeff Anderson"
wrote:

First off I'm pretty new to woodworking but getting into it quickly. My
question is two-parted so I'll just split it up.

Periodically I see posts/hear about people getting large slabs of burl maple
or cherry or something for very low costs. Just where are they getting
things like this. Are there wood swap meets (I live in Tulsa, OK) or flea
markets for wood? I'm really interested in getting something around
4"x6"x6" or similiar. Local cabinetmakers only tend to have scrap in the
3/4" or less range. Woodcrafters wants about $30 for a chunk that size.

Jeff, for the wood take a look at eBay. I'm not sure there are any
tremendous bargains on eBay but it is a great place to pick up that
odd piece of wood that would be extremely time consuming to find by
woodshop hopping.

Go to www.ebay.com, search under crafts woodworking lumber or
crafts woodworking turning and you'll be amazed at what's
available.

TWS
http://tomstudwell.com/allprojects.htm