Gerald Ross

Default Potato Chip Bowl

Got a wind fall of Eucalyptus couple of weeks ago, and promptly cut it
into bowl blanks and end sealed it. I turned a couple of roughs and end
sealed them inside and out. Got back from vacation and the bowls were
trying to turn into pretzels, with rim cracks of 1 inch depth.
Re rounded one and threw it into LDD overnight. Yesterday I tried to
finish it, but it started moving while sanding. Turned into a potato
chip instead of a pretzel.
This is real energetic wood. Have a picture posted on ABPW along with a
picture of a piece of bowl blank that I sawed off and end sealed on both
ends 2 weeks ago.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA