cariboo1946

Default Hitachi DVD Player pickup

My Hitachi DVD player, Model DV-P735u, won't play a DVD, but will still play
CD's. I took it into a repair shop, cost me $18 to be told it needs a new
pickup, but they didn't repair it, waiting for further instructions.
Knowing how expensive repair costs are, I've decided to just buy a new one,
full warranty, instead of having them repair this one. But, I was wondering
where I could buy the pickup, and attempt to change it myself. Anybody know
where one can get such a part, in Canada? Also, is it even worth the cost
or effort to repair, even by myself?