Fletis Humplebacker

"James T. Kirby"
GregP wrote:

If he wins, he won't give a damn about mothers complaining
about their dead children. And he won't have much choice,
unless he wants to admit defeat, like Reagan did in Lebanon,
and withdrawing, sending a message to terrorists that they
could push us out if they hurt us badly enough. And a surrogate
draft is already in place, manipulating National Guard units.

I think he will care, because it's a lot easier for him to perpetuate his
agenda if he ruffles as few feathers as
possible.

On the other hand, once people figure out that they are going off to fight
these wars basically as a
continual sideshow for nationalistic interests, the recruiting capabilities for
a volunteer army may indeed
dry up rapidly, and the strategy of using the National Guard as regular army
will certainly backfire sooner or later
too.

We'll see. Having a draft could be a good thing. We may need something like
that to get everyone to stand up and howl.
I wonder how many Republican congressmen will happily send their kids off to
war to serve the strategic interests of the
neocon warmongers?

How many spineless cowards like you would have freed Germany or Japan?