bumtracks

might visit a cultured marble shop.
they pour up marble sheet in most any color(s), affix them to the walls, and
No Grout to clean
It is not labor intensive to block up and pour custom dimensions into stock
molds and then it really installs quick - made to fit perfect! Price is
really quite reasonable around here as there's several shops doing it.

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Yesterday I tried to clean the mildew from the caulking around my bath
tub. Since it would not clean, I removed it. The more I tried to clean
behind it, the more I realized that the problem with pretty bad, so I
removed the plastic surround from the tub. The sheetrock behind the
surround had been wet and was molded and deteriorated. Both the
sheetrock and the surround have to be replaced.

The surround I removed was plastic with foam backing made to look like
tiles. I'm debating whether to use tile or ceramic as a replacement.
Unfortunately, I am not qualified to do the tile job myself, and the
ceramic is rather expensive. I think I prefer the ceramic. What are the
considerations for each?