Andy Hall

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:39:53 +0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

No Andy, the CF731 is single phase, I have it at home . This is an
Altendorf we use for manufacturing. I have a multi-spindle boring
machine to re-connect which is 3 phase also. I really wish I had paid
more attention when I dis-connected them but at the time thought I
would be calling in the pros.

Paul

Of course - I remember the discussion about your problems with the
convertor.

As far as I am aware, the electricity suppliers don't guarantee the
relationship between the phases anyway, so test gear would be needed
to confirm them if you have to be sure about direction of rotation of
the motors before powering up.

I can't think of a reason that the motor running backwards on a saw
would be a problem (if you are not cutting obviously); but if you are
going to connect yourself, I would contact Altendorf and ask.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl