robsut

Default Wood Treatment - cedar greenhouse

I have a cedar wood framed greenhouse which is approx 40 years old and
which is now showing it's age! The main frame is in good condition and
the timber is solid. All that is need of is no more than a good clean
and a preservative applied. The problem is that on the roof glazing bars
and the surrounding frame, water has started to penetrate into the wood
making it soft and causing moss to grow under the glass. Over the next
few weeks if it is dry, I hope to remove the glass from the frame a
section at a time, remove the old putty and thoroughly clean the rails
and then put the glass back in.
Before I put the glass back in, I have a few questions: -
1. Treatment of the wood - I would like as to treat the wood which has
become soft so as to stop any more damage being caused. What would be
the best product to do this with bearing in mind the wood is/will be damp?
2. What should I put the glass back in with - linseed oil putty,
mastic/silicone or the glazing tapes I have seen?
3. Once the glass has been refitted, what is the best way of sealing the
exterior joint between the glass and the glazing rails - linseed oil
putty or mastic/silicone sealant?
Thanks for your help.