rosie readandpost

number one PRO for tiling, is the surrounds look cheap!

--

VOTE!
http://www.nowpacs.org/2004/candidates/index.html

"mcp6453" wrote in message
: Yesterday I tried to clean the mildew from the caulking around my
bath
: tub. Since it would not clean, I removed it. The more I tried to
clean
: behind it, the more I realized that the problem with pretty bad,
so I
: removed the plastic surround from the tub. The sheetrock behind
the
: surround had been wet and was molded and deteriorated. Both the
: sheetrock and the surround have to be replaced.
:
: The surround I removed was plastic with foam backing made to look
like
: tiles. I'm debating whether to use tile or ceramic as a
replacement.
: Unfortunately, I am not qualified to do the tile job myself, and
the
: ceramic is rather expensive. I think I prefer the ceramic. What
are the
: considerations for each?