WhoKnows

In article ,
says...
wrote:

What is the best method?? Is there something that can be done without
excavating?

Call around in your area. I have heard of doing an expansion thing on
the pipe, it cracks the pipe, and pulls along a new one behind it, then
expands, etc. Can replace the pipe w/o digging.

just to follow up on this...

I found out some info on this. There is a process that effectively re-
lines the pipe. It can be done without excavation provided there are no
elbows present in the pipeline. If there are elbows, ( I have one at
the house end), then a small hole must be excavated to get at the pipe
after the elbow. The process as it was explained to me was to use a a
woven fiberglass type sock that is coated with epoxy. A machine
actually blows it into the pipe to so that the epoxy presses against the
old pipe. After about 4 hours of curing, the sock is effectively a new
pipe. The old OB pipe can fall apart but the new "pipe" will be intact.
It has a 50yr warranty and my estimated cost was about $3500-$4000. I'm
checking on some other options as well.