Andy Reynolds

I have Jet Mini and had the same problem once. I couldn't get it out with
the drift rod either. My spur center has a hole through the side of it, so
what worked for me was popping out the spike in the tip of the spur center
(mine is just set in, not attached) and inserting a screwdriver or other
appropriately sized metal rod through the hole in the side of the spur
center. Lock the headstock with the indexing pin in your case. Now try to
twist the spur center out, the screwdriver will give you lots of leverage.

Hope that helps.

Andy

"Harry Sanders" wrote in message
om...
I have owned a Jet 1236 lathe for about 2 years and for the first time
today I tried to remove the spur center so I could install a Nova
chuck which I just purchased. The spur center refuses to budge. I have
pushed the drift rod as hard as I can, tapped it with a mallet and hit
it considerably harder than a tap with the mallet to no avail. I have
also put oil around the spur center and have the threaded index pin in
place but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Harry Sanders