Dave

Is this worth your time? I think I would replace the whole cord, and it
would probably be easier than you think. Be sure to use the proper gauge
wire. However first you should factor in the cost to drive to the hardware
store a couple of times and the fact that you can write off the cost of
repair. Also remember the implications of a mistake. An electrician may be
cheap insurance, unless you are doing this as a kind of personal challenge.
Then the rewards may be strangely worth the effort.

Dave

"Bob K 207" wrote in message
OP-

I get the feeling this is a medical device in a hospital?

Get one of the electricians to replace the entire cord properly or do it
yourself.

this isn't brain surgery

btw what kind of device is it?