mac davis

On 30 Oct 2004 15:20:13 -0700, (Harry Sanders) wrote:

I have owned a Jet 1236 lathe for about 2 years and for the first time
today I tried to remove the spur center so I could install a Nova
chuck which I just purchased. The spur center refuses to budge. I have
pushed the drift rod as hard as I can, tapped it with a mallet and hit
it considerably harder than a tap with the mallet to no avail. I have
also put oil around the spur center and have the threaded index pin in
place but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Harry Sanders

turn something important on it.. the damn thing will decide to fall
out on it's own...

Want to cure Aids?
Give it a Dewalt part number and nobody will ever get it...